Monday, 25 January 2010

I LOVE Chinese New Year. 虎年快快來.....

I LOVE Chinese New Year and every year I always look forward to Chinese New Year during the month of January / February.

Hard to explain why I love Chinese New Year but I think is because .......
  • Spring Cleaning (年廿八 - 洗邋遢)
  • CNY Goodies (年糕, 瓜子, 柑, 沙田柚, 鸡蛋卷, 梨鳳酥)
  • CNY Decoration (桃花, 銀柳, 對联)
  • New Clothes and New Shoes
  • Reunion Dinner (团元飯 - Started with 1. Now got 3 and the most memorable reunion dinner is in Year 2000)
  • Shou Sui (守歲)
  • BIG "Ang Pao" (利事)
This year I'm going to 作東 and have an early steamboat reunion dinner on 12-Feb-2010 and in order to get ready for this coming reunion dinner, I got a electric steamboat and 2 drainer:

17-Jan-2010

Looks quite crony hor.... like "AT" brand





and talking about Chinese New year, my friend bought this Hokkaido Tarabakani たらばかに King Crab at Isetan Orchard last year (2009):

17-Jan-2009 (Isetan Orchard)
Hard to believe but this king crab is bigger than my face and of cos not cheap.

1 comment: